Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am grateful for..

I think this is one of those writing assignments that actually made me think.  Like Dr. McCormick said, we often take things for granted.  We often look at what we don’t have instead of what we have.  I am grateful to have my mom and my two brothers.  Everybody heard the phrase “you don’t know what you have until it’s gone” and probably tired of hearing it but its true.  Plenty of people lose their loved ones or don’t even know their parents.  I lost my dad but I have my mom, even though she would get mad at times for no reason at the end of the day she is still my mom and she is the only person that I know is there for me.  My brothers might be annoying but I love them.  My little brother always lightens up my day.  I am grateful to have a roof over my head and place I can call home because a lot of people are homeless.  I am thankful for being healthy because there are a lot of deadly diseases and sick people.  I am grateful to have good caring friends because they are always there for me.  Sometimes people always want to be listened to but they don’t want to listen to other people.  When a person listens to you and cares about you, that person is a true friend.  I am thankful for having entertainment options because I can never be bored.  I am grateful for having a computer because I don’t have time to go to the library sometimes to do my homework.  I’m thankful to have freedom because people in the past weren’t able to go to school or do anything, especially women.  I am thankful to have an education and good professors because without it I would go nowhere in life.  I have the opportunity to do something with my life, an opportunity that people didn't have in the past.  I am thankful for having four seasons because I get to enjoy sunshine and the snow.  I am grateful for electricity because it’s really hard to live without it.  The blackout is a good example of why one should appreciate electricity. This is not the end of my list but I think they are one of the most important things i should be grateful for.  This assignment wasn't so hard after all :).

1 comment:

  1. I am touched and thankful for your kind and thoughtful words on my blog. Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete